A simple vegetable pulao made special with schezwan chutney
1½ cups Basmati rice, soaked
3 tbsps Schezwan chutney
3-4 spring onion bulbs
1 medium carrot, cubed
1 medium potato, cubed
½ cup cauliflower florets
¼ cup green peas
Salt to taste
1. Slice spring onion bulbs.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add spring onion and saute for 1 minute. Add carrot, potato, cauliflower and green peas and saute.
3. Add salt and mix. Add Schezwan chutney and mix well.
4. Drain and add rice and mix well. Add 3 cups water and mix. When the mixture comes to a boil, cover and cook on medium heat till done.
5. Serve hot with any raita of your choice.