Chicken pieces cooked with vegetables in this fragrant pulao recipe. Quick and easy to make. A must try !
QUICK CHICKEN PULAO
750 grams chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces on bone
1½ cups basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes and drained
1 tablespoon oil
2 bay leaves
1 inch cinnamon
2-3 green cardamoms
8-10 black peppercorns
1 medium onion, sliced
1 medium tomato, finely chopped
Salt to taste
2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
2 green chillies, slit
1 small carrot, chopped
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
8-10 broccoli florets, blanched
1. Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan. Add bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms, peppercorns and onions, mix and sauté till onions turn translucent.
2. Add tomato and mix. Add salt and ginger-garlic paste, mix and cook till tomatoes turn soft and pulpy.
3. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, green chillies and chicken, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add carrot and mix well. Add rice and mix. Add 3 cups water, stir lightly and bring to a boil.
5. Add garam masala powder, mix well, cover and cook till the rice is fully done. Add broccoli florets, mix well and let it get heated through.
6. Serve hot.