Marinated fish fillets cooked and served with creamy broccoli sauce.
BAKED FISH WITH BROCCOLI SAUCE
2 boneless fish fillets, cut into halves
15-18 broccoli florets
1 tsp oil
2 garlic cloves
Salt to taste
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp sweet red chilli sauce
2 fresh red chillies
Juice of ½ lemon
2 tsps olive oil + for greasing
1 tsp butter
1 tsp refined flour
⅓ cup milk, chilled
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
30 gms processed cheese
Red bell pepper juliennes for garnishing
1. Preheat oven at 200ºC.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add garlic cloves and broccoli florets, drizzle little water and add salt. Toss to mix and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Combine ginger-garlic paste and red chilli sauce in a bowl.
4. Slice red chillies and add to the bowl alongwith lemon juice, fish, salt and 2 tsps olive oil. Mix well and set aside to marinate for ½ hour.
5. Let the garlic remain in the pan and transfer the broccoli into a grinder jar. Cool.
6. Grease a baking pan with olive oil. Place marinated fish on it alongwith the marinade, put pan in preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
7. Add little water to broccoli and grind into a smooth puree.
8. Heat butter in a non-stick pan. Add refined flour and saute. Add milk and mix well. Add broccoli puree and mix well.
9. Add crushed peppercorns and mix well. Add salt and mix well.
10. Grate cheese on it and mix well till smooth. Switch off heat.
11. Pour broccoli sauce in a soup plate and spread. Place the baked fish on it, garnish with pepper juliennes and serve immediately.