Freshly made mac n cheese mixture stuffed between bread slices, grilled to perfection.
MAC N CHEESE SANDWICH
8 brown bread slices
2 cups boiled macaroni
50 grams processed cheese
2 tablespoons butter + as required
2 tablespoons refined flour (maida)
2½ cups milk
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
¼ cup chopped mixed capsicums (red and green)
3-4 tablespoons boiled corn kernels
Tomato ketchup for serving
1. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a non-stick pan. Add flour and sauté for 1 minute. Add milk, mix and cook till the mixture thickens.
2. Grate in cheese, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously. Add salt, crushed peppercorns, mixed capsicums, corn kernels and mix well.
3. Add macaroni, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes. Adjust salt and mix well.
4. Preheat an electric grill toaster.
5. Apply some butter on one side of each bread slice.
6. Spread some mac n cheese mixture on the butter side of half bread slices and cover with remaining bread slices with butter side downwards.
7. Apply some butter on top of sandwiches, place in preheated grill toaster, cover and grill from both sides till golden brown.
8. Cut into 2 equal triangles and serve hot with tomato ketchup.