3 cups cooked brown rice
1 tablespoon butter
4 tablespoons ghee
1 teaspoon caraway seeds (shahi jeera)
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
2 small carrots, peeled and cut into diamonds
½ medium cauliflower, cut into medium florets
5-6 French beans, cut into ½ inch pieces
1½ teaspoons red chilli powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon biryani masala
1 cup yogurt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
1 cup fried onions
Salt to taste
1 inch ginger, cut into thin strips
1-2 green chillies, diagonally slices
2-3 tablespoons saffron milk-cream mixture
Whole wheat flour (atta) dough for sealing
1. Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons ghee in a deep non-stick pan. Add caraway seeds and when it changes colour. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 30 seconds.
2. Add carrots and cauliflower florets and French beans, mix, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder and biryani masala, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add yogurt, mix, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add coriander leaves, mint leaves, ½ cup fried onions and salt, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Spread cooked brown rice to make a layer. Spread remaining fried onions, remaining coriander leaves, remaining mint leaves, ginger strips and green chillies on top.
6. Drizzle saffron milk-cream mixture and remaining ghee on top, cover and seal the lid with wheat flour dough and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
7. Serve hot.