Spicy and crispy prawn starter topped with a yummilicious sauce.
BANG BANG PRAWNS
150 grams medium prawns, shelled and deveined
Oil for greasing
1½ cups panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup onion powder
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Salt to taste
¾ cup olive oil
Refined flour (maida) for dusting
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey
Chopped fresh parsley for garnishing
Chopped spring onion greens for garnishing
1. Preheat oven to 180º C. Grease a baking tray with some oil.
2. Mix together panko breadcrumbs, onion powder, crushed peppercorns, salt and olive oil in a bowl.
3. Dust prawns with some flour, dip in beaten eggs and coat with the breadcrumbs mixture. Place on the greased tray.
4. Put the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
5. Mix together mayonnaise, Sriracha sauce, chilli sauce, lemon juice, honey, salt and crushed peppercorns in another bowl.
6. Drizzle the prepared sauce over the prawns, garnish with parsley and spring onion greens and serve immediately.