These chicken mayo rolls are indulgent in every way. A delicious mixture of shredded grilled chicken, assorted veggies and luscious mayonnaise stuffed in wonton sheets and deep fried till golden brown and crisp. What’s not to love!
CHICKEN MAYO ROLL
1 grilled chicken breast, shredded
3-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
8 spring roll sheets
1 medium onion, finely chopped
¼ medium purple cabbage, finely chopped
½ medium green capsicum, finely chopped
1 small carrot, finely chopped
½ medium red capsicum, finely chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Salt to taste
½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
Oil for deep-frying
Cornstarch slurry as required
Sweet chilli sauce for serving
1. Mix together chicken, onion, purple cabbage, green capsicum, carrot, red capsicum, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed peppercorns, salt, cheese and mayonnaise in a bowl.
2. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
3. Put some chicken mixture on one side of each spring roll sheet, apply some slurry on the edges, fold two opposite sides, roll and seal applying some slurry on the ends.
4. Put the rolls in hot oil and deep-fry till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
5. Serve hot with sweet-chilli sauce.